Terms & conditions
Win a Phillip Island Hamper
- The promoter of this Competition ("Promoter") is Destination Phillip Island Inc (ABN 53 694 071 422), located at 13-18 Vista Place, Cape Woolamai 3925.0466 620 856.
- Information on how to enter forms part of these conditions. Participation in the Phillip Island Hamper Giveaway ("Competition") constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open to Australian citizens 18 years and over. Employees of the Promoter (and their immediate families), or agencies or companies associated with or connected to the provision of the Competition in any way, are ineligible to enter.
- The Competition commences at 00:00 (AEDST) on Saturday 2nd October 2021 and closes at 23:59 (AEST) on Wednesday 13th October 2021 (“Competition Period”). The Competition will comprise of a question and the selection of the Winner will be drawn by DPI.
- To enter, participants must: (a) go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LJ9HYNV
. By providing email details entrants are affording the Promoter, and their affiliates permission to send updates and information post promotion.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- Participants may only enter the competition once.
- Entries must be received within the Competition Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time they are received by the Promoter's database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant's individual Internet Service Provider.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries by that entrant invalid.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- All entries will be assessed and selected at 10:00(AEDST) on Thursday 14th
October 2021. There will be one Winner selected in total (“The Winner”). The draw will take place at Destination Phillip Island office, located at 13-18 Vista Place, Cape Woolamai 3925.
- The Winner will be notified via email on Monday 18th October 2021.
- The Winner will receive the prize, as set out in clause 15 below.
- The entry that is selected by the Promoter and will win a Phillip Island Hamper.
- Prizes for the Phillip Island Hamper will be sent via post or email after the Winner provides their preferred delivery mechanism to Destination Phillip Island Inc.
- It is the responsibility of the Winner of the Phillip Island Hamper: to cover the costs of any additional out-of-pocket expenses associated with redeeming this prize over and above packaging and delivery.
- When contacted the Winner will be required to further confirm their agreement to these Terms and Conditions by response. Prizes will be issued to the Winner in accordance with these conditions and subject to such confirmation. Winner must provide proof of identity and age to verify their entry (Proof of Identity).
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winner. If the Winner fails to respond to DPI’s email by 09.00 (AEST) Monday 1st November 2021, the Promoter will reserve the right to select an alternative Winner.
- In the case where a redraw (see clause 19) is required, the entries will be assessed and selected by 10.00(AEST) Tuesday 2nd November 2021. There will be one Winner selected in total (“The Winner”). The redraw will take place at DPI Office 13-18 Vista Place, Cape Woolamai 3925.
- The Winner will receive a prize, as set out in clause 15.
- Prizes are not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If a prize is unavailable, for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- Prizes are to be redeemed as per the date on the individual prize vouchers.
- Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the Winner.
- Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (GST inclusive). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the prize redemption date.
- Entrants retain all ownership rights in their entry. However, by submitting an entry to the Competition, Entrants hereby grant the Promoter and/or supplier an irrevocable, non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of and display the entry for the purposes of conducting and promoting this Competition and advertising and marketing the Promoter and/or the supplier on all media now known or later devised.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence), to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If the Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as the Promoter considers appropriate.
- The Winner agrees to participate in any news and media/PR activities surrounding the Competition. The Winner authorises the Promoter to use their names, voice, image and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity worldwide without additional compensation. The Winner agrees to sign such other documentation as the Promoter may require to confirm these rights.
- The Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) as well as other laws in Australia may imply certain conditions, warranties and undertakings, and give you other legal rights. If they apply, these cannot be modified or excluded by any contract. You may consider seeking legal advice as to whether they apply to you.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions generally affects the entrant’s rights under Australian consumer law (as contained in Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and equivalent State and Territory fair trading legislation) regarding consumer guarantees to the extent that such consumer guarantees cannot be excluded by law. Other than these consumer guarantees and subject to clause 33, the Promoter makes no warranties about any prizes offered as part of the Competition, including warranties as to the quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose of such prizes.
- The Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a Winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.