Business Support Fund reassessments
Business Victoria will invite a number of businesses to be reassessed for the first round of the Business Support Fund, launched in March 2020.
About Business Support Fund reassessments
The first round of the Business Support Fund was launched in March 2020, supporting nearly 80,000 businesses with $10,000 grants each.
A number of businesses, however, were found not to be eligible.
In line with recommendations made by the Victorian Ombudsman, the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions is reassessing relevant cases to ensure fairness for all applicants.
Business Victoria will invite first-round Business Support Fund applicants to be reassessed if:
- your application for the first round of the Business Support Fund was returned for revision, placed back into ‘draft’, and was not completed before the deadline
- you applied for the first stream of the Business Support Fund and were ineligible because of your ANZSIC industry code, and did not apply for Stream Two and were enrolled in JobKeeper
- your application was assessed as ineligible because we could not verify your ASIC registration. In this case, you will be invited to be reassessed if you:
- subsequently had the ASIC registration backdated (for example, when a previous registration had lapsed and not been renewed); or
- applied with details that could not be verified on the ASIC register at the time, but you can now provide evidence of registration, or show your business is exempt from registration requirements.